In this article, we discuss about issues faced by the Encompass 360 users after URLA 2020 was commissioned for use. Some of the issues were resolved instantly while some issues took time to get resolved and a few others are yet to be resolved by Ellie Mae.
Let’s touch base the some of the common issues.
1) When a loan has a borrower pair and the file is submitted to DU without ordering credit, users are running into Error Code 101425 or 101426 around credit.
This error affects Broker clients that use TPO Connect website and TPO/Correspondent clients that use Encompass SmartClient.
Solution: If a borrower pair exists on an application, then select “Jointly” in field 181 to signal that the pair is join on the loan.
2) If an MI Premium refund is documented using field 1134, it will copy a value to Purchase credits using the label MIP refund. With URLA 2020, this item is now defined as MI Premium refund.
Solution: a) In order to account for this correctly on the DU results, the value in qualifying the borrower for the MIP Refund can either be removed or changed to use the correct selection from the dropdown.
b) This can be done manually or through a field trigger rule. The credit itself will be correct and reflected appropriately in cash to close.
3) AUS errors when non numeric values entered in proposed housing expense.
Solution: a) Starting with the new URLA, the GSEs will no longer support submissions that contain non numeric values (for example Incl. or Inc) being entered in the proposed housing expense.
b) The lender will need to review all workflows where this practice is common and either leave the escrow values blank or enter $0.00 for the value.
4) When initial packages are printed, there are validation errors generated if the loan file as missing or incomplete data in the Verification data for the URLA. If the missing data are not corrected, the initial URLA will not be included in the Opening Package.
Solution: a) On lender request, a hard stop can be implemented in the EDS Audit tool.
b) KB000038179 includes more information on this, and provides guidance on how to create business rules to prevent missing Owner data on Verification records.
5) Plugin fails to set value to FR0226 for 2nd Borrower Pair.
Solution: Here is the correct way to set data to other borrower pairs:
Loan loan = EncompassApplication.CurrentLoan;
string currentID = loan.BorrowerPairs.Current.Borrower.ID;
if (loan.BorrowerPairs.Count > 1)
loan.BorrowerPairs.Current = loan.BorrowerPairs;
loan.Fields[“FR0226”].Value = “123 Skyway Drive”;
for (int i = 0; i < loan.BorrowerPairs.Count; ++i)
if (loan.BorrowerPairs[i].Borrower.ID == currentID)
loan.BorrowerPairs.Current = loan.BorrowerPairs[i];
Looking for more information on integrating Encompass 360 with Velocify or need help in integrating right technology, leave us a message.
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.