Encompass today provides a milestone-based workflow that is sequential which has its own drawbacks. The task based workflow feature in Encompass LO Connect provides a very different paradigm to the current setup to resolve these issues.
The task based workflow workspace is a configurable workspace that provides a one-stop shop to complete the tasks. This feature limits the need to navigate between forms, tools, and documents to complete a task. Users work in a tailored workspace for each task that enables the user to perform the task efficiently. The new Workflow Tasks feature enables users to access tasks assigned to them, while tracking the status of the tasks. Multiple users across different roles are able to work on tasks in parallel across milestones.
Features of Task based workflow feature in Encompass LO Connect
- Robust Task Framework
- With the task-based workflow solution, a robust task framework enables the user to manage tasks through assignment and tracking. The admin can configure the tasks matching the company’s workflow.
- The framework provides for a hierarchical model to define the task templates and assign them to existing Encompass roles that work on the loan.
- The tasks that that are defined and configured are referred to as “workflow tasks” to distinguish them from the existing “milestone tasks”.
- Efficient Workspace
- The task-based workflow feature provides a configurable workspace that provides a one-stop shop to complete the task.
- Instead of navigating between forms, tools, and documents to complete the tasks, users work in a tailored workspace for each task that allows the user to perform the task efficiently.
- Enhanced Automation
- Task-based workflows also provide for automation to create and complete the tasks dynamically.
- The user only needs to access the workspace because the task was not completed by automation or because the task is meant to be done manually.
Benefits of using Task based workflow feature in Encompass LO Connect
- This new workflow will improve the way Encompass users complete tasks through the life of a loan.
- It minimizes time spent working manually on tasks, thus reducing time and cost of origination and acquisition.
- It ensures a consistent and more accurate process by assigning the correct resources to work on the correct tasks.
- Moreover, it’s managed directly in encompass. So we don’t need to make lists using custom forms or maintain these and documents outside of Encompass.
Structure of Task based workflow
- The task based workflow features a robust hierarchical framework that manages and organizes workflow tasks.
- Think of the workflow task as the core unit of work that is required, assigned and tracked.
- Now, a task can contain sub tasks, sub tasks are optional.
- These subtasks are typically the steps needed to complete the task, and are usually tracked in a checklist. task groups are another optional method to organize your tasks.
- A group could contain similar types of tasks, or tasks that are related based on workflow.
- The configurable workspace provides a single location for users to complete their tasks.
- An Encompass admin can tailor the workspace for each task, so users can quickly and efficiently complete that task. Admin can load in the necessary documents, tools, forms, and even custom forms that they may have created.
Looking for more information on Task based workflow feature in Encompass LO Connect or need help in integrating right technology or HMDA reporting, leave us a message.