Unlike Auto launched flows like Record Trigger flow, screen flows are not automatically triggered. It is a type of flow which needs user intervention.
- Users can call the flow by either using a button or action on the user interface.
- Can run either in user or system context. User context takes the user permissions into consideration, whereas system context does not.
- The ‘Screen’ element makes Screen flows distinct from other flows.
- It provides different components and fields to be displayed on the screen for the users to interact with.
We can Configure the header and footer on the screen by adding/deleting buttons.
- Can display screen in sections (upto 4 columns).
- Can control component visibility. Components can be made conditionally visible based on either the user input or using Global variables.
Components and Fields
- Components: Used to capture user entries like ‘Name’, ‘Address’, ‘Phone’ etc.
- Fields: Used to add object fields directly to the flow screen.
Read more about Flow screen components here Provided Flow Screen Components (salesforce.com)
Validate User Input
- We can validate the user input using a formula which return a Boolean value.
- If the value is True, the user input is valid, and will display an error message if not valid.
- Screen flow is the only flow which can be put on a lightning page. This is done by editing the page in the Lightning app builder
- Salesforce provides a RecordId variable that passes in the record id when the screen flow is launched.
- To launch the flow , edit the record page, Add the flow component, and check the box under the record id variable which allows to pass all the field values of the record page into the variable.
Looking for automation/use cases, leave us a message.
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.