Below are certain major Salesforce Winter Release’23 highlights.
MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) Enhancement for Smaller Orgs
- Effective February 1, 2022, all Salesforce customers were contractually required to use MFA to access Salesforce products.
- For users who are not ready for the MFA, admins have the option to disable it.
- It is going to be enforced by making it mandatory at the time of log in and removing the ability of admins to disable it.
- Auto-enablement and enforcement dates will vary by product. Six months prior to the enforcement, admins will receive a notice.
- When MFA is turned on, the login user interface will be changed. The user will be asked to verify their identity with a MFA verification method like an authenticator app, security key, or bult in authenticator. If users haven’t done so already, they’re prompted to register a verification method the next time they log in after this release update goes into effect.
- When MFA is enforced for production orgs (currently targeted for the September 2023 timeframe), the option to disable MFA will be removed.
Dynamic Forms for Standard Objects
- Dynamic forms are used to show some necessary fields on page layout according to the criteria given.
- Previously, there were multiple page layouts according to the user permissions and the fields were either hidden or visible.
- The user can avoid showing the lots of fields on layout with the help of Dynamic forms.
- Dynamic Forms for Standard Objects like Accounts, Contacts can be built, so that the page layout will not be congested with data anymore.
- We can display fields based on our criteria by adding filters.
Filter Custom Report Types by Salesforce Fields (Beta)
- This is a Beta Service. The use of Beta Service is subject to the applicable Beta Services Terms provided at Agreements and Terms.
- Custom Reports can be created by adding up to 20 fields (either standard or custom fields) in the filter section.
- Fields included via lookup or part of composite fields (such as geolocation or address) aren’t available as filter options.
Review a Custom Report Type’s Structure During Report Creation
- When building custom report types, salesforce now offers the opportunity to the admins to review the report type that contain a specific standard or custom fields.
- When we create a report, select a custom report type, view the object, and join details on the right-hand editing field.
Manage Permission Assignments with the User Access and Permission Assistant
- “User Access and Permissions Assistant” app from AppExchange can be used to manage and report on user access and permissions.
- Convert profiles to editable permission sets
- Understand which Permission Sets have specific permissions enabled
- Manage the permission set groups and the permissions that they contain
Set Field-Level Security for a Field on Permission Sets During Field Creation
- When we create a field, we can now set the field level security for the field on permission sets instead of profiles.
- When you can assign field-level security, a list of permission sets appears instead of profiles.
- The list includes permission sets that have Create, Read, Edit, or Delete access on the field’s object.
- Turn off Field-Level Security for Permission Sets During Field Creation (beta) in User Management Settings if you want to assign field-level security to profiles.
To read more about Winter release notes please click Salesforce Winter ’23 Release Notes
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.