In mortgage firms, loan officers spend a considerable time in sending emails and calendars. If they are able to bring Salesforce data to the place where they spend most of their time, loan officers can spend less time entering data and switching between the two applications. This article discuss in detail the step by step procedure of Salesforce Outlook integration.
How Salesforce-Outlook integration benefits the loan officers?
- Eliminate time loss due to redundant data entry into two applications.
- Access important Outlook email messages and relevant Salesforce records in one place, making it easier to craft targeted, meaningful email communications to prospects and customers.
- Reduces the chances of error that may otherwise occur when entering data in both platforms.
- Create, Search for Salesforce records from Outlook, including those records based on custom objects.
- Relate email messages and nonrecurring calendar events to Salesforce contacts and other records of other objects having access to email messages.
How to Set Up Salesforce Outlook Integration?
- The integration between Salesforce and Microsoft Outlook requires both server-side setup and a short client-side setup procedure.
- Review the system requirements and ensure that your email server is set up to communicate with the integration.
- Turn on the integration and push the Salesforce add-in to your Outlook users.
To setup Salesforce Outlook integration,
- Go to Setup.
- Enter Outlook in the Quick Find box, and then select Outlook Integration and Sync.
- Turn on the Outlook integration.
- Enable Use Enhanced Email with Outlook to log emails as standard message objects and activate Email to Salesforce.
- Making this on allows loan officers add Outlook emails and their attachments to Salesforce records as Salesforce emails.
- They can log events also. For the attachments of events to be added, we have to activate Einstein Activity Capture.
Enable Customize Content with App Builder
- When we customize an email pane, we specify the Salesforce content and features that loan officers see in Microsoft Outlook.
- In the Email Application Pane section, create a pane and use Lightning App Builder to add components to the pane and assign the panes to users.
- Under Email Application panes, click Create New Pane.
- Drag components onto the pane, and arrange them in the right order.
- To show accounts, activities, loans that are related to an email or event, add the Accounts, Loans and More component to the pane.
- For each component you added, you can set the component visibility by adding filters.
- Click Save.
- Activate the pane and assign it to user profiles. Go to the Lightning App Builder to activate.
- Assign the pane to specific user profiles or Set the page as the default Email Application Pane.
To learn in detail about Building email application panes, click Build Email Applications Panes for Outlook and Gmail (salesforce.com)
Email Publisher Layout
- Create a new Publisher Layout where we can access quick actions within the Outlook application.
To keep data between Salesforce and Outlook up to date, we have to set up Einstein Activity Capture.
We will cover about Einstein Activity Capture in an upcoming article.
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.