In this article the Salesforce Flow Updates in Winter Release’23 are presented.
Cut and Paste Flow Elements
- Now we can cut, paste flow elements in the auto-layout of flow builder, thus making the process of flow building much faster than before.
- Using Cut, Paste we can change the order of elements.
- Earlier, we had only the option to copy paste elements, then delete the original one and update the API of the pasted element.
- To paste the element that you cut, hover over Add node where you want to paste, and then click paste.
Specify Time Offsets in Months for Scheduled Paths
- New offset options to schedule the scheduled path to run on the same calendar day of another month in the record triggered flows.
- When we add a scheduled path, we can select Months After or Months Before to set the schedule.
- Earlier we could only specify offsets only in days, hours, and minutes. Also, the Configure Scheduled Paths window features clarified content.
Use In and Not In Operations to Find Related Records
- With the new In and Not In operators, a flow accesses a collection of primitive values to get related records without using the Loop element.
- The flow uses fewer SOQL queries and DML statements, and performs faster.
- The In and Not In operators support accessing collections of type Text, Number, Date, Date/Time, Currency, and Boolean.
- The operators are available in the Get Records, Update Records, and Delete Records elements.
- This will ensure the flows don’t exceed governor limits.
Use ISCLONE in Record-Triggered Flow Formulas
- Record-triggered flows for new and updated records now support the ISCLONE formula function.
- Copy your Process Builder or workflow rules formulas containing these functions into record-triggered flows.
- None of these formula functions are available in flows triggered when a record is deleted.
Use Record-Triggered Flows to Update Related Records
- Now you can use record-triggered flows to update any records related to the triggering record.
Select Multiple Records from a Table in a Screen Flow (Beta)
- A new Data Table (beta) component is available for screen flow which allows to configure fields.
- One can set the table to read only, or enable your users to select one or more records and use their selections later in the flow.
- Users can change the width of table columns and wrap or truncate overflowing text.
Generate Flow Choice Options From External Data
- Users can select external data from the flow screen in cases where they have business processes that interact with external data.
- Previously, external data appeared on screens via Display Text or default values in inputs, but users were unable to select external data.
Find Flow Elements Faster with Search
- The Add Elements dialog box in the Flow Builder canvas now includes a search bar.
- In the Add Element dialog box, we can search for the flow element to add by name. Search for the element type instead of element name. eg: Instead of searching for Action, search for a specific action type such as Send Email.
To read more about Salesforce Flow Updates in Winter release’23 please click Salesforce Flow
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.