In the context of Flow Builder, resources are representations of values that can be referenced throughout the workflow. The Manager panel in Flow Builder showcases the available resources within the flow. These resources play a crucial role in maintaining and managing data within the flow The system offers certain resources, like global constants and global variables. Additionally, when elements are added to a flow, some resources are automatically generated. In this article’ Flow Resources in Salesforce Flow builder Part 1, we will discuss some flow resources and their applications.
Initiating new resources is possible by selecting “New Resource” in the Flow builder window.
- Create a choice option to use in a screen component, such as a Radio Buttons or Multi-Select Picklist component.
- Data Type: Specifies the compatibility of this choice with specific screen components. For instance, a Text choice cannot be applied to a Currency radio button. Once a choice is saved, its data type cannot be modified.
- Choice Value: Determines the value assigned to the screen component when this choice is selected by the user.
- Display Text Input: Activates a text input component beneath the choice. This feature is not accessible if the choice’s data type is Boolean.
2. Collection Choice set
- Use an existing collection of records or external data to generate a set of choices.
- Collection choice sets are useful when a flow reuses the same dataset over multiple screens.
- For a given set of record collection obtained from Get Records element, a collection filter can be used to filter records satisfying a certain criteria. From those filtered records, a user can opt from the choices displayed by means of Collection choice set.
3. Record Choice set
- Generate a set of choices by using a filtered list of records.
- This resource is used when we want to display in a screen flow, a list of records filtered by certain conditions and sorted by any field of our choice. The required field values of the records can be stored for later use.
4. Picklist Choice set
- Picklist choice set is used when we want to fetch picklist values of any picklist field of an object.
- On the screen presented to the user, user can choose from the picklist values of that field found by the picklist choice set.
We will learn about some other resources in another article.
To learn more, click Flow Resources (salesforce.com).
Looking for Salesforce flow use cases, leave us a message.
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.