We can generate exclusive content within a CMS workspace using the Digital Experiences app (formerly known as Salesforce CMS). This content is specific to the workspace and is created in the default language designated for that workspace. This article discusses how to Create and add Content to experience site with Salesforce CMS.
How to Add Content to the Workspace
- Go to Digital Experiences from App launcher
- Select the Workspace where you intend to add content.
- Navigate to the “Add Content” option.
- Choose the desired content type.
- Select “Create” to initiate the content creation process.
- Fill in the required fields with the relevant information.
- If you’re working with document or image content types and need to include a source file, you can either upload a file from your computer or insert a link from a URL.
Publish the content to make it available for the experience page.
Creating custom content types
- Salesforce CMS provides three default content types: Document, Image, and News.
- In addition to these standard options, you have the flexibility to design custom content types tailored to your unique requirements.
- You can create these custom content types using either the ManagedContent API or the CMS Content Type Manager (salesforce.com), available through AppExchange.
Creating Content by using CMS Content type Manager
- Navigate to Applauncher
- Select CMS Content Types
- Click ‘New’ to create a new content type
- Click ‘Add Node’ to create more sections to your new content type.
- You can create nodes of the following types (see the screeshot) to organize content for the experience builder page.
- After you add all the nodes as required, click Save.
- The new content type will be now available to add content in the ‘Digital Experiences’ page.
CMS Single item and CMS Collection
In the Experience Builder page, when adding content which you created in the CMS Workspace, you can choose to add it either as a single item or a collection of two or more CMS items of the same type. When the CMS collection is added you can choose the collection layout, say as Grid, Carousel, Slide show etc to display every single item in the collection.
- To add CMS content, go to Content Management
You can create and edit new Collections here
To use a single CMS content you created in the experience page,
- Drag ‘CMS Single item’ form the Components list to the experience builder page.
- Select the content.
Perform field mapping to map each section of your Content to generate a layout you wish to get displayed.
To use the CMS collection item into your experience builder page, drag ‘CMS Collection’ from the components list to the desired location and select the collection you need to display.
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.