We have covered the overview of Salesforce Chatter in Unlocking Collaboration: An Overview of Salesforce Chatter – Mortgage Banking Technology | Origination Strategy Consulting (takefiveconsulting.com). In this article we will discuss about Chatter Administration in Salesforce Lightning.
Chatter Email Settings
- To manage Chatter email notifications effectively, enable them for all users in the Chatter Email Settings page within Setup.
- Define the email types permitted, specify your organization’s Chatter email address, and customize a footer for each email, incorporating branding elements such as your logo and company address.
- It’s crucial to inform users that they can personalize their notification preferences, including email frequency, content triggering emails, and opting in or out. This ensures users have control over their notification experience, preventing potential barriers to Chatter adoption caused by excessive email notifications.
- Chatter Settings: Toggle Chatter on/off for your org
- Groups: Control archiving, record association, and unlisted groups
- Draft Posts: Introduce My Drafts feed, automatically saving posts every seven seconds
- Rich Link Previews: Convert links into embedded videos, images, and article previews
- Emoji in Feed: Transform keyboard characters into emojis in posts
- Out of Office: Enable setting personal out-of-office messages in user profiles
- Topics: Allow guest and external users to view topics in Salesforce Sites and portals
- Approval Posts: Display approval requests in user feeds
- Coworker Invitations: Permit licensed users to invite unlicensed coworkers to Chatter
- Customer Invitations: Allow licensed users to invite customers to private groups
- Actions in the Publisher: Legacy setting with no application in Lightning Experience
- Recommendations in the Feed: Enable posting recommendations for Salesforce Today app
- Post and Comment Modification: Allow certain users to edit feed posts and comments
- Rich Text Posts: Make Chatter publisher editor a rich text editor supporting various formats
- Pin Posts in Feeds: Make post pinning available and assign permission through profiles or sets
- Case Feed Timestamps: Choose between absolute and relative date and time stamp formats
Groups serve as the primary collaboration hubs within Chatter, providing a centralized space for effective teamwork. In a mortgage firm, groups can be created to organize participants around loans. Members utilize the group feed to seamlessly exchange information, make decisions, and engage in question-and-answer discussions. Groups empower users to build, preserve, and share essential knowledge, fostering a cohesive and aligned team environment.
Salesforce offers various group types tailored for different purposes and audiences within an organization:
- Public Groups: Visible and accessible to all employees, public groups allow anyone in the company to join. Members can actively participate by posting, commenting, and adding files.
- Private Groups: Exclusive to members, private groups require individuals to request membership. Only approved members can contribute by posting, commenting, and adding files.
- Unlisted Groups: Invitation-only and intentionally concealed from list views and search results, unlisted groups remain hidden from everyone except their members. Only the group’s owner and managers have the authority to invite individuals. Enabling the creation of unlisted groups is an administrative task.
- Broadcast Only Groups: Designed for announcements, only the owner and managers of a broadcast-only group can post to it. However, group members have the privilege to comment on these posts. Any group type can be designated as broadcast-only to serve specific communication needs.
In the next article, we will discuss more about Chatter groups with some real life examples of groups that can be implemented in a mortgage firm.
To learn more, click Salesforce Chatter.
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.