We have covered the overview of Salesforce Chatter and the basics of chatter groups in our previous articles. In this article, let us see certain examples of Mortgage specific chatter groups in Salesforce and how to create a group.
Groups useful for a mortgage firm
- All Company (Public internal): To discuss org-wide topics and make announcements. It can include all employees of the firm including CEO, Branch Managers, Senior loan officers, officers etc.
- Loan Team (private): Add team members to this group so that they can collaborate on loans share documents. The members can be Senior loan officer, loan owners and Referral partners.
- Teams can also be formed for each loan with the loan owner and the associated referral partner.
- Competitive (public internal): Customer facing employees like account executives can collaborate with mortgage experts in the org to share information.
- Product Feedback: Account executives or lead owners can collaborate with product managers to share feedback of leads on trending mortgage types, mortgage purposes and downpayment affordability.
- Marketing (private): Share campaign concepts, marketing ideas within the marketing team
- Sales (public,internal): Loan officers can share stories, strategies and tips for closing more loans.
- Meetings: Create groups to collaborate Realtor partners with loan officers. Separate Groups can be formed for each realtor partner with the loan officers he is collaborating with.
Types of Chatter group
- Public groups: Any authenticated user can join in a public group
- Private group: Allows customers in its membership.
- Unlisted Groups: Meant for discussing sensitive information like potential deals, individual performance of a loan officer etc. You should Enable Unlisted Groups in Chatter settings to create an unlisted group in the org.
How to create a Chatter group
- Navigate to Applauncher
- Select ‘Groups’
- Click ‘New’ to open a New Group window
- Enter information about your group.
- Assign someone to be the group owner.
- Set the Access type of the Group.
- Click Upload Image and upload an image for the group.
- You can add members to the group in the Add members page.
- Click Done.
Add an Action to the Group Layout
- In the Setup Quick Find box, enter Group, and then click Group Layouts.
- On the Group Layout row, click Edit.
- In the Group Layout panel at the top of the page, select Mobile & Lightning Actions.
- Drag Announcement to the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions area.
- Under Group Layout at the top of the page, click Save.
- You can see a new tab ‘Announcement’ in the group page you created earlier.
In this way we can create groups and add new tabs to the group page layout. We have so far covered the overview of Salesforce chatter (Unlocking Collaboration: An Overview of Salesforce Chatter – Mortgage Banking Technology | Origination Strategy Consulting (takefiveconsulting.com)), chatter administration (Chatter Administration in Salesforce Lightning – Mortgage Banking Technology | Origination Strategy Consulting (takefiveconsulting.com) and Mortgage specific chatter groups in Salesforce. We will learn about Feed tracking and Approvals in Chatter in another article.
To learn more, click Salesforce Chatter.
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.