Schedule triggered flow is a type of Auto launched flow which runs in the background as and when required. And it will repeat after the specified interval. A schedule-triggered flow starts at the time and frequency we specify when configuring Start. The Start time is the Organisation default time. You can see the organisation default time from the company information.
- Schedule triggered flows are very useful for setting up marketing campaigns.
- You can send email alerts, trigger tasks etc in a scheduled manner on a daily, weekly or monthly basis using the Action element.
- Happy birthday emails , Loan anniversary emails, etc can be triggered.
Here we can see such type of a scenario where Loan Anniversary tasks must be triggered to loan officers.
Prior to building the flow, want to create a custom check box field (TFC Loan anniversary) which will be automatically gets checked off on reaching the loan anniversary. It is a formula field based on the Closing date. When the day and month are same as with the closing date, the custom field will be marked. This field will be used later in the flow to set as conditions when fetching the loan records.
- Set the start date and time
- Set the frequency as daily as we need to check every records daily to know if they reached their loan anniversary.
- Choose object as ‘Loan’.
- Set the condition requirements as ‘Status’ equals ‘Closed’ since we only need to check those loan files which are closed till date.
Now we want to fetch the loan records which reached the loan anniversary date. For that we can filter the records based on the custom field we created initially.
Now we got all the records. And the next thing is to trigger tasks for the loan officers. Select the Action element of ‘Task’ type. Label it as ‘Loan Anniversary!’ and assign it to the record owner.
Save the flow and activate it.
For loan records which reached the loan anniversary, the ‘Activities’ section in the loan record page will look like this.
Click here Schedule-Triggered Flow Considerations (salesforce.com) to learn more.
Looking for building automation using Schedule Triggered flows, leave us a message.
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.