S-Docs is a document generation application and e- signature solution which runs entirely on the Salesforce platform. With S-Docs, we can design sophisticated templates and with these templates, we can generate any number of documents by merging fields. This article discusses about S-Docs-the salesforce document generation solution for salesforce.
- 100% native Document generation tool, so data will resides in the salesforce platform only.
- Fast and easy to use interface.
- Email and E-Sign any document with the click of a button
- One click document generation possible using button placed on any record page of both standard and custom objects.
- Zero click document genration can even be fulfilled using process builder or flow builder by employing a check box field on the record page.
- Offers batch processing to mass merge any number of records from the list view and sending documents can be scheduled as well.
- The final document generated can include many relationship fields like parent, child fields of other related objects.
- Include rich text, static or dynamic images such as graphs and charts.
- Cost effective.
- Provides a free version with which we can create two templates and generate unlimited number of documents with those templates.
Installation and Configuration
Below given are the steps involved in installing and configuring S-Docs into the org.
- Install S-Docs into the Salesforce org.
- Create the S-Docs Button for the required objects and add it to the page layout.
- Create the S-Doc template.
- Generate the document using the S-Doc template editor.
- Email the document.
- Automate the sending using custom processes or flows (optional).
How to install S-Docs
- Go to Salesforce Appexchange
- Login to the org for installing in the next step.
- A prompt window will appear asking where to install S-Docs, ie; whether in the production org where you are currently logged in or in the Sandbox environment. It is recommended to test it in Sandbox before you deploy in the production org.
- Click Confirm.
- Make sure that you install it for all users in the next step.
Create S-Doc Button
- S-Docs button is pre-created for standard objects like Accounts, Contacts, Opportunity, Contract, Opportunity, Account, Contact, Lead, Task, and Event We only need to add it to the page layout.
- For custom objects, create an S-Doc button by selecting the ‘Buttons, Links and Actions’ section, click ‘New’ and create the button with label ‘S-Docs’.
- After creating the button, add it to the record detail page by editing the Page Layout.
We can add an S-Docs Related List to the record page by clicking Related Lists and dragging the S-Docs box down into the Related Lists table.
The S-Docs Related List on a given record should display all of the S-Docs ever generated for that record, as well as options to download and email those documents again. In order to display this, we need to add these columns to our Related List. Click the wrench icon on the S-Docs related list.
How to Create the S-Doc template
- From the home page go to the Applauncher
- Select S-Docs.
Select ‘S-Docs Templates’ from the navigation bar.
- Fill in the details. Click Save.
- Now the S-Doc template is ready.
Using this template, we can generate the document using the S-Doc template editor. We will cover How to generate an S-Document in another article.
To read more about S-Docs, click S-Docs Quick Install & Configuration Guide – Lightning – S-Docs for Salesforce (sdocs.com)
For assistance in generating documents using S-Docs, Contact Us Now
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.