In S-Docs-The Document generation solution for Salesforce – Mortgage Banking Technology | Origination Strategy Consulting (takefiveconsulting.com), we discussed about S-Docs and how to design an S-Doc template. In this article we will discuss about How to generate a document using S-Docs.
- Select S-Docs from the applauncher
- From S-Docs templates in the navigation bar, select the template with which you want to build the document.
- In the template detail page, Click on ‘Template editor’ from more buttons.
- This will bring up an interface where we can start designing our template by adding the content required for the document to be generated.
- Type in the static data of the document in the ‘Template body’ section.
- There are several formatting tools available to format the text. They are quite same as those provided by MS Word. So we can easily apply any of them.
- We can insert images, tables, links etc to the word document as and when required.
- We can design the static content to be displayed as the header and footer of our document. We can upload images from the device or from the org itself.
- Now place the cursor where you want to add the dynamic data to your document.
- Click ‘Insert field’.
- A new window will pop up which lists all the fields associated with the base object you have selected for creating the S-doc template.
- Select the field required and click ‘Insert’.
- The fields with greater than symbol indicates related objects. Clicking on those fields will give us the opportunity to add fields of those related objects.
- Special merge fields include the metadata like created date, created on, created by, user signature, page number etc.
- ‘Insert Related List’ allows to insert dynamic data which is related to the record in a one-to-many fashion. It is in the form of a repeating table. For eg: to display Contacts related to an account. To manipulate data, several formatting options are available when you insert a related list. Filtering and sorting options are also available.
- ‘Runtime Prompts’ is a feature which allows you to ask your user to input information that will influence the output of the document. This gives the user a runtime control over the contents of the document.
- A number such of prompts can be added which will be invoked based on the input given by the user for the previous prompt.
- ‘Insert Conditional logic’ functionality is used to conditionally display certain content based on the given filter conditions. Unlike Runtime prompts where the user decides whether to display a set of contents, in conditional logic, the system itself takes the decision.
For eg: In cases where discount field is greater than 0, the discount field can be made visible to the customer and if it is 0, then there is no need to. These types of scenarios can be handled by applying the necessary conditional logic.
- S-Sign is the e-signature product of S-docs which is completely native to salesforce. After From advanced options, check off the Enable S-Sign checkbox.
- In the control panel which appears on the left side, we can create everything related to s-sign. We can create one signer profile for each party to sign the document.
- After the signer profiles are created, navigate to the S-Sign fields, where you can add S-Sign fields to the profiles we have created. Then copy the tag and place it on the template body where we want the signature to appear.
To learn more about S-Sign, click S-Sign Quick Install & Config Guide – Salesforce Lightning Experience – S-Docs for Salesforce (sdocs.com)
To generate document, go to any contact record page, click on S- docs, select the document to be generated. You can view the pdf document with merge fields.
For assistance in generating documents using S-Docs, Contact Us Now
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.