Mortgage firms often want to share CRM data with their realtor partners with limited access. Salesforce offers Experience cloud sites to attain this goal. A partner portal allows partner users to log in to Salesforce through a separate website than the non-partner users. Partner users can only see the data that you have made available to them. Furthermore, partner users can only manipulate data if you give them the appropriate user permissions. This article explains the initial steps in building a realtor partner portal for Mortgage firms in Salesforce. Further steps will be covered in upcoming blogs.
Steps to Set up a partner portal
- Enable Digital Experiences
- From Setup, enter Digital Experiences in the Quick Find box, then select Settings.
- Select Enable Digital Experiences.
- If enhanced domains are enabled in your org, your digital experiences domain is shown. If enhanced domains aren’t enabled in your org, select a domain name
- Click Check Availability to make sure that it’s not already in use.
- Click Save, then OK.
2. Changing the number of partner roles
Now we have to increase the number of partner roles to 2 in order to occupy a Partner manger and Partner user.
- Go to Digital Experiences- Settings
- Under Role and User Settings, increase the number of partner roles to 2.
- Click Save.
3. Building the Partner Site
- Go to Digital Experiences- All Sites
- Click New. The Creation wizard appears with different template options for you to choose from.
- Select the Partner Central template.
- Click Get Started.
- Name the Partner site.
- Add the site name to the end of the URL so that the final URL ends with /Sitename.
- Click Create.
It will take some time to complete the site creation.
Your portal is now in Preview status, which means that what you’ve created so far isn’t in the world yet. This is Experience Workspaces which can be customized for your site.
4. Add Partner User Actions to the Account and Contact Page Layouts
- Select Accounts from the Navigation menu.
- Select the ‘All Accounts’ list view and click any account.
- Click the dropdown menu to see all the quick actions available for the page.
- You can see ‘Enable as Partner’ option there.
- If the ‘Enable as Partner’ option is not available, got to Setup-Object Manager-Accounts-Page Layouts- Mobile & Lightning Actions.
- Drag the Enable as Partner and Disable Partner Account buttons to the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section.
- Click Quick Save.
- Similarly add partner user buttons to the contact page layout.
- In the Contact page layout editor, click Mobile & Lightning Actions.
- Drag the Enable Partner User button to the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section.
- Click Quick Save.
- Now you can see ‘Enable Partner User’ in the dropdown list of any Contact record page.
We have so far covered the initial steps in building a Realtor Partner Portal for Mortgage firms in Salesforce. Rest of the steps will be covered soon in upcoming articles.
To learn more about experience cloud sites click Create an Experience Cloud Site (salesforce.com)
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.