Enhanced Conditions Tool within Encompass 360 is a robust solution designed to streamline the conversion and migration process of standard conditions into enhanced conditions.
The Enhanced Conditions Tool presents two powerful capabilities for Encompass users:
- Convert Existing Standard Conditions: Seamlessly transition from older standard Encompass conditions to the new enhanced conditions.
- Migrate Enhanced Conditions: Effortlessly transfer enhanced conditions from the test Encompass instance to the production environment.
In order to successfully convert standard conditions in an instance to enhanced conditions, the following prerequisites must be met:
- The condition type for each enhanced condition must be defined and named in the instance where you are converting standard conditions to enhanced conditions. The enhanced condition types must include the same options for the condition’s Category, Prior To, Source and Recipient values that are being used for the standard condition.
- The documents associated with the enhanced condition(s) must be defined and named.
- The user roles associated with the enhanced condition must be defined and named. The role(s) assigned to the condition must be the same for standard conditions and enhanced conditions.
To Convert Standard Conditions to Enhanced Conditions:
- On the Windows task bar, click the Start menu or Start icon, navigate to the Ellie Mae Encompass program folder, and then click Admin Tools.
- Double-click the Enhanced Conditions Tool.
- The Enhanced Conditions Tool displays with two options: Convert Standard to Enhanced Conditions and Migrate Enhanced Conditions between instances. Click to select the Convert Standard to Enhanced Conditions option, and then click Next.
- You will be prompted to log into the Encompass instance where you want to convert your standard conditions to enhanced conditions. Type the Instance ID, User ID, and Password that you use to log into the Encompass instance as the administrator user, and then click the Log In button.
The conversion tool will review all of the standard and enhanced conditions in the Encompass instance, and then load the standard conditions in the tool. A list of the standard conditions is presented like this one below.
- Click to select one or more standard conditions in the list. Note that the column headers can be clicked to sort the standard conditions list as needed.
Multiple standard conditions can be selected (using the Alt-click method to pick individual conditions from the list of Shift-click to pick a group of conditions) and then assign an enhanced condition type to all of the selected conditions.
For this example, we can select all of the “Asset” standard conditions for conversion.
- Next, click the drop-down list at the top of the screen, and then select the enhanced condition type that you want the selected standard condition to be converted to. (The condition types provided in the drop-down list are defined by the administrator using the eFolder Setup > Enhanced Conditions setting.)
- After the enhanced condition type is selected, click the Assign button.
When the enhanced condition type is assigned, it is then displayed in the Type column for the selected condition(s).
- Repeat steps 5 – 7 to assign additional standard conditions with new enhanced conditions types.
- Once the process of assigning enhanced conditions types is completed, click Next at the bottom of the screen.
- After clicking Next, the selected standard conditions are converted. Click Exit to exit the conversion tool.
Please note that the newly converted conditions are not activated by default. The Encompass admin has to manually activate them in the backend.
Looking for more information on Enhanced Conditions Tool in Encompass or need help with setting up Conditions, leave us a message.