Mortgage Lenders can save time by giving borrowers a paperless way to collaborate with lenders by allowing them to drag and drop documents or images into the portal, upload photos from a phone, eSign documents and receive real-time updates. Please find below a detailed overview(including screenshots) of the borrower portal within Encompass Consumer Connect from a borrower’s perspective.
Accessing the Borrower Portal:
- Borrowers can access the borrower portal from the Consumer Connect Website or by clicking the link sent to their email from the Loan Officer.
- If an account has not yet been created, borrower can create one by clicking “Create an Account”.
- If an account has already been created, borrowers can log in using the Username and Password that was set up when creating the account.
Using the Borrower Portal:
- Once logged in the borrower can access loan information and view and complete tasks assigned by the loan officer. The borrower portal opens to the Home tab and displays any applications that have been started or submitted.
- If an application has not been started, the borrower can apply from the Consumer Connect site by clicking on the “Apply Now” button.
- For existing loans, the borrower can click on “Complete Tasks” to view information, tasks, and notifications for the selected loan.
- The loan’s application dashboard provides basic information about the loan.
- The Account menu located in the top right corner allows borrowers to change their password, update contact information, and log out.
- If eConsent was not completed in the application a “Review Electronic Consent” button will need to be selected by the borrower prior to seeing any other tasks. Once electronic consent is accepted the task list is presented.
- A task list gets created every time a loan officer sends a request for documents or a document to be viewed or signed. The borrower can click View list to view and complete the request(s).
- The first time a Task List is opened an authentication code is required. This code is supplied by the loan officer. The borrower must enter the authentication code and click Send.
- The documents needing to be reviewed, signed, or uploaded will be displayed.
- The borrower can click each button to complete the corresponding tasks.
- The borrower can click the Uploads tab on the left side of the page to view a list of documents that have been uploaded to the portal.
- The Summary tab provides a summary of the loan application, including the Loan Purpose and Subject Property Details.
- The Notifications tab- here the borrower can view notifications that are automatically generated when a loan officer updates a loan file (Status Online Updates).
Lenders can manage the Borrower Portal settings to provide a seamless experience for the borrowers in a manner which they deem fit.
Looking for more information on setting up Borrower Portal within Encompass Consumer Connect or need help with setting up Consumer Connect, leave us a message.