Mortgage Lenders can save time by giving borrowers a paperless way to collaborate with lenders by allowing them to drag and drop documents or images into the portal, upload photos from a phone, eSign documents and receive real-time updates. Please find below a detailed overview(including screenshots) of the borrower portal within Encompass Consumer Connect from a loan officer’s and a borrower’s perspective.
This blog is the third part in the series of blogs about borrower portal within Encompass Consumer Connect. Please follow the URL below to read the first part:
Please follow the URL below to read the second part:
How to upload into eFolder and request documents from borrower:
- Go to the e-folder in Encompass 360.
- Navigate to File Manager and click on Browse and Attach.
- Select the items (such as title report, EMD receipt, escrow instructions, appraisal, etc.) that you want to upload for your file.
- If you are using Dropbox, wait a few seconds for the items to properly upload.
- Once the items are ready, drag and drop them into their respective placeholders in Encompass 360.
- If you have any items from the borrower already on hand, you can drag and drop them in the same way.
- After completing the upload, click on Close.
- Next, you can request documents from the borrower, such as pay stubs, tax returns, W-2s, and driver’s license.
- Select the items you want to request and click on the Request button.
- In the email tool box that comes up, add a brief description of the items you are requesting in the subject line.
- Click on Send to send the request to the borrower.
- Once the request is sent, you will see a confirmation. Close the email tool box and click on Save to save the loan file.
Borrower experience – how to upload requested documents:
- Borrower will receive an email with a link to log into the borrower portal.
- Log in to the consumer connect website using the username and password.
- Click on “View List” to see the documents requested by the loan officer.
- Click on “Upload Documents” and select the file from your computer.
- Repeat the process for each document requested, uploading them one by one.
- Once all the documents are uploaded, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Done” to confirm.
- The borrower will see a green checkmark indicating that the task is completed.
Lenders can manage the Borrower Portal settings to provide a seamless experience for the borrowers in a manner which they deem fit.
Looking for more information on setting up Borrower Portal within Encompass Consumer Connect or need help with setting up Consumer Connect, leave us a message.