This article covers the various aspects of user management a salesforce administrator must handle in his organization. It gives a brief idea on how to configure user permissions, other user settings like roles, groups etc, how to create, edit and maintain existing user records in Salesforce. Let us get into the details of Managing Users in Jungo/Salesforce.
User Management Administration
Salesforce administrators can perform various user management tasks like navigate, search, and modify settings for a user profile. In Salesforce, each user is uniquely identified with a username, password, and profile. Together with other settings, the profile determines which tasks a user can perform, what data the user can see, and what the user can do with the data. To learn more about managing users in Jungo/Salesforce click The Complete Guide to Salesforce User Management – Salesforce.com
The following list details the tasks which can be performed. Besides creating and assigning users, user management includes working with permissions and licenses, delegating users, and more.
User Management Settings
Manage org-wide user settings to improve user experience and increase org security.
- Enabling User Self-Deactivation
- Hide Personal User Information from External Users
- Enabling Scrambling specific user’s data when users no longer want their personal data recognized in Salesforce.
- Manage contactless users
- Restrict user email domains
- Enable Enhanced Profile List Views and enhanced Permission Set Component Views
- Restrict Permissions Cloning in Profiles
- View and Manage Users
Apart from creating, editing and deleting users, admins can perform several user management tasks such as
- Freeze or unfreeze user accounts
- Resolving a locked user’s account
- Handling Password resets
- Login into the user account with same access permissions of the user
- Licenses Overview
- For enabling specific Salesforce functionality, salesforce admin has to choose one user license for each user.
- Additional functionalities can be enabled by assigning permission set licenses and feature licenses to the desired users or purchase usage-based entitlements for your organization.
- Delegate Administrative Duties
- By enabling delegated administration, salesforce admins can assign limited admin privileges to users in the org who aren’t administrators.
- Those users can be assigned specified profiles, and can be granted login access as administrators.
- A delegated administration group is a group of users who have the same admin privileges. These groups are not related to public groups used for sharing.
- Topics and Tags Settings
- Topics on objects allow users to add topics to records on the objects so they can organize them by common themes.
- Enabling Tags allow users to add personal or public tags to most records. Tags are words or short phrases that users associate to records to describe and organize data in a personalized way.
Like users can be grouped. Each group has its own sets of settings, records and shared resources. A queue defines the roles that receive email notifications. Queues allow the admin to set a queue of assignments on leads, opportunities, cases etc within the organization.
Looking for more information on Managing Users in Salesforce/Jungo, leave us a message.
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.