Lightning app is a collection of items in the Lightning Experience which give your users access to sets of objects, tabs, and other items all in one convenient bundle in the navigation bar.
The Lightning apps can be branded with a custom color and logo. By switching between apps, the team members of the org can work more efficiently, since only the items relevant to each team are available on the navigation bar. For instance, objects such as Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Loans, Credit etc are the relevant ones for the Loan Officer app.
The navigation bar lets the users,
- Find what they need using item names for easy recognition
- Complete actions and access recent records and lists with a single click
- Personalize the navigation bar to suit the unique way they work
A→ App Launcher icon
B→ App name with custom colors and branding make each app unique and easy to identify.
C→ Users can create records and access recent records and lists directly from the navigation bar for items like Accounts, Contacts etc.
Lightning Experience App Manager
Lightning Experience App Manager is the place for managing apps for Lightning Experience. It shows the connected apps and Salesforce apps.
Create a new Lightning app
- Go to Set up- Type App Manager in the Quick find box
- Click New Lightning App.
- Walk through the Lightning App Wizard, enter the parameters of the App and select the custom color and/or upload image for logo.
Choose the items to include on the navigation bar. Users can personalize the items by adding more to their list, but they cannot remove those you already added.
Choose the user profiles which can have access to the app in the next step.
- Click Save and Finish to exit the wizard.
- From the App Launcher (App Launcher icon), find and select the lightning app you just created.
The new app has got the custom color you assigned to it and all the chosen items in the navigation bar.
- Before creating Lightning apps for your org, understand the priorities of users and know which objects and items represent their highest priorities.
- Create a master list of objects that everyone in your org wants. Then trim down the list for each group. The menus for every user group share some common objects, like Home, Tasks, Contacts, Accounts, Leads etc.
- Keep high-priority items for each group at the top and low-priority items at the bottom. Users can always go to the App Launcher to get the items they use less often.
Learn more about lightning app by clicking Salesforce Help | Article
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.