Lead assignment rules in Salesforce are used to assign leads to specific users or queues based on a set of criteria. It helps to automate the organization’s lead generation and support processes. Lead assignment rules work for every leads -those manually entered, created from web to lead forms and for those imported using data import wizard.
How to set up Lead assignment rule
- Go to Setup- Type Assignment Rules in the Quick Find box- select Lead Assignment Rules
- Click New
- Give the rule a name. Specify whether you want this rule to be the active rule for leads that are created manually and via the web and email.
- Click Save.
- To create the rule entries, click New.
For each entry, you can specify,
- Sort Order: Sets the order in which each entry is processed in the lead assignment rule. Salesforce evaluates the criteria of each entry in its sort order. If an entry is given sort order 1, then the criteria given for that entry is evaluated for a match. If a match is found, Salesforce assigns the item to the user/queue specified and stops evaluating the subsequent rule entries for that item. If no match is found, the item is reassigned to either the default Web-to-Lead owner, the administrator doing a lead import whichever the case may be.
- Rule Criteria: Specifies conditions that the lead must match for it to be assigned. For example, evaluate the rule lead state/province field equals to Florida. Instead of Run this rul e if the ‘Criteria are met’ , You can also choose ‘formula evaluates to true’ and enter a formula that returns a value of “True” or “False.” Salesforce triggers the rule if the formula returns “True.”
- User: Specifies the user or queue that the lead is assigned to. Users specified here cannot be marked “inactive”, and they must have “Read” permission on leads. Do Not Reassign Owner Specifies that the current owner on a lead or case will not be reassigned to the lead or case when it is updated.
- Email Template: Specifies the email template to use for the notification email that is automatically sent to the new owner. If you don’t specify an email template, then Salesforce doesn’t send a notification email. If the lead is assigned to a queue, the notification email is sent to the Queue Email address specified for the queue and all queue members.
After creating the entry, click Save, or Save & New to save the entry and create more entries.
For learning more, check out What is Lead Routing, and How to Use Assignment Rules in Salesforce – Salesforce.com
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.