The HMDA Batch Update Tool in Encompass 360 is designed to simplify and automate the process of updating HMDA-related data for multiple loans simultaneously. This tool proves invaluable for lenders handling a significant volume of loans, ensuring compliance without manual data entry for each loan individually.
Using the tool is a two part process:
- Step 1. Administrators use the Reports tab in Encompass to generate a report to identify the loans that will be updated and to export a list of the loans to a .csv file.
- Step 2. Administrators then import the .csv file into the HMDA Batch Update tool, select an update option, and trigger the mapping and calculation updates, which are applied to the selected loan files in Encompass.
The tool triggers the recalculation of the following HMDA fields:
- HOEPA Status (field ID HMDA.X13)
- Application Date (field ID HMDA.X29)
- Loan Amount (field HMDA.X31)
- Discount Points (field HMDA.X35)
- Company Name (field ID HMDA.X59)
- Respondent ID (field ID HMDA.X71)
- Total Loan Costs (field ID HMDA.X77)
- Total Points and Fees (field ID HMDA.X78)
- Origination Charges (field ID HMDA.X79)
- Lender Credits (field ID HMDA.X80)
- Loan Term (field ID HMDA.X83)
- Introductory Rate (field ID HMDA.X84)
- Property Value (field ID HMDA.X85)
- HMDA Profile ID (field ID HMDA.X100)
- Census County (field ID HMDA.X111)
- Census Tract (field ID HMDA.X112)
- Balloon Payment (field ID HMDA.X114)
- Negative Amortization (field ID HMDA.X115)
Running a Batch Update
- Step1: On the Windows task bar, click the Start menu or Start icon, navigate to the ICE Mortgage Technology Encompass program folder, and then click Admin Tools.
- Step2: Double-click HMDA Batch Update.
- Step3: Enter the Encompass login credentials.
- Step4: When the Batch Update Tool opens, use the Input File field to enter the path to the .csv file created for the loans. Or click the Browse button to navigate to the file.
- Step5: In the Recalculate HMDA section, select an option for recalculating the HMDA Data:
- Use Existing Profile – Select this option to trigger a recalculation of the relevant HMDA fields without changing the HMDA Profiles assigned to the loan files listed in the imported .csv file.
- Override Existing Profile – Select this option to change the HMDA profile for the loan files listed in the imported .csv file and trigger a recalculation of the relevant HMDA fields in the loan files listed in the imported .csv file based on the newly assigned HMDA Profile.
- The Override Existing Profile option assigns a new HMDA profile to all the loans listed in the .csv file.
- Step6: Click the Execute button.
- If the .csv file does not contain the GUID fields for the loans, an error message displays when the Execute button is clicked.
- The Processing Status section shows the progress of the update. When the update is complete, it lists the loans that were processed, including the Loan ID (GUID) and the borrower’s name.
- If the update is stopped or interrupted before completion, a Continue button displays on the tool. Click the button to continue with the batch update, starting at the place where the update was interrupted.
- If a new batch update is started while an old update is still pending, (i.e., when the Continue button displays) a confirmation message display. Click OK to remove the pending list and proceed with the new update. Click Cancel to cancel the new batch update.
- Step7: A log file (HMDAUpdateTool.log) is created on the C: drive in the User folder in the App Data > Local > Temp folder. The log file contains detailed information including the start and completion time for the batch update, the loan ID, and the fields that were updated, including before and after values for each field.
Looking for more information on HMDA Batch Update Tool in Encompass or need help with HMDA reporting, leave us a message.