We have discussed the initial steps to set up a dedicated borrower portal for mortgage firms using Salesforce in Building Customer Account portal for Borrowers in a mortgage firm-I – Mortgage Banking Technology | Origination Strategy Consulting (takefiveconsulting.com). We already created a self-registration flow for borrower to register and log in to the portal site in a few easy steps. Then we created a custom profile for the guest users and added the profile to the portal. Follow the steps below to complete the set up.
- Set Up an Account for Self-Registering Customer Users
- All Experience Cloud site users created in a Salesforce org have to be associated with an account.
- Set up a new account to account to associate the users in the Customer Account portal.
2. Publishing the portal
- Before enabling self-registration, publish the portal so that registration pages are available for setup.
- From Setup, enter All Sites in the Quick Find box-Select All Sites.
- Click Builder next to the site’s name.
- In Experience Builder, click Publish, and in the confirmation dialogue, click Publish again, and then click Got It.
3. Enable self-registration in the portal
- Navigate to Builder icon- Administration.
- Select Login & Registration.
- Under Registration Page Configuration, select the Allow customer and partners to self-register checkbox.
- For Registration Page Type, select the following values:
- Experience Builder Page
- For profile, choose Customer Account Portal
- Choose Registrants for Account
- Click Save.
4. Giving public access to your community.
- Click Administration and then Builder icon to navigate to Experience Builder.
- Click the Settings wheel
- In the General section, under Public Access, select the Guest users can see and interact with the site without logging in checkbox.
- Close the General settings area.
5. Give Guest Users Access to the Privacy Settings Flow
- From Setup, enter flow and then click Flows.
- Click the down arrow next to the Privacy Settings flow, and click Edit Access.
- Select the Override default behavior and restrict access to enabled profiles or permission sets setting.
- Move the System Administrator and Customer Community User profiles from the Available Profiles column to the Enabled Profiles column.
- Click Save.
6.Enable access to flow for the profile in the Experience builder
- Navigate to Experience Builder.
- Click the Settings wheel and then click Customer Account Portal Profile.
- On the profile page, navigate to the Enabled Flow Access section and click Edit.
- Move the Privacy Settings flow from the Available Flows to the Enabled Flows column.
- Click Save.
We will discuss the later steps of Building Customer Account portal for Borrowers in a mortgage firm in an upcoming article.
To learn more about Experience cloud sites in Salesforce, please visit Experience Cloud (salesforce.com).
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.