In our previous articles- Building a Realtor Partner Portal for Mortgage firms in Salesforce-I – Mortgage Banking Technology | Origination Strategy Consulting (takefiveconsulting.com) and Building a Realtor Partner Portal for Mortgage firms in Salesforce-II – Mortgage Banking Technology | Origination Strategy Consulting (takefiveconsulting.com), we have seen how to create a dedicated partner portal for realtor users, how to create enable an account as a partner account, how to create partner users and add them to the portal. In this blog, let us see how to give those external realtor partner users restricted access to loans, while giving complete access to the internal users.
By setting up External Org-Wide Defaults, we can restrict external access of realtors to loans, while allowing internal Salesforce users the flexibility to see any loan. Let us see how to do that.
- Enter Sharing Settings in the Quick Find box of the Set up menu.
- Select Sharing Settings.
- Click Edit in the Organization-Wide Defaults area.
- For the Opportunity (The Standard object object Opportunity is renamed as ‘Loan’ within our CRM) and Account and Contract objects, set the Default Internal Access to Public Read Only and the Default External Access to Private.
- Click OK for any popups.
- Click Save.
Add Loans to the Navigation Menu
In order to see Loans in the Take Five Partner portal, we first have to add the opportunity object to the portal’s navigation menu.
- From Setup, enter Digital Experiences in the Quick Find box
- Select All Sites.
- Click Builder next to the Take Five Portal
- Click anywhere on the Navigation Menu bar and then click the Edit Default Navigation button.
- Click Add Menu Item. Drag the new menu item and place it under Sales.
- Change the following properties
- Name: Loans
- Type: Salesforce Object
- Object Type: Loan
- Default List View: All Loans
- Click Save Menu.
- Click Publish and then Got it.
Test Loan Visibility in the Take Five Partner Portal
Let us first test the loan visibility by the admin.
- Log in to the Take Five Partner Portal as your system administrator.
- For that go to is Setup > Digital Experiences > All Sites > [site URL] .
- Navigate to the Loan menu item we just added under the Sales menu.
- All the Loans are visible in the list view.
Now let us test the loan visibility by Partner user we created earlier. (Please read Building a Realtor Partner Portal for Mortgage firms in Salesforce-II – Mortgage Banking Technology | Origination Strategy Consulting (takefiveconsulting.com)).
- Log in to the portal as Sean Forbes either by using the credentials sent to your inbox when you set up Sean as a site user, or use the Log in to Experience as User option on his contact record.
Navigate to the ‘Loans’ menu item, and select the All Loans list view. You shouldn’t be able to see any loans.
This is because no loans are owned by Sean Forbes right now. Going forward, we will add more users, assign roles to each user including Sean Forbes, give ownership of loans to the partner users and test the visibility of loans to the internal and external (partner) users.
To learn more about experience cloud sites click Create an Experience Cloud Site (salesforce.com)
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.