In this article, we will be discussing about how to use Encompass 360 Setting Sync Tool and we will also be discussing about the Do’s and Don’ts practices of the Encompass 360 Setting Sync Tool. One of the advanced features of the Encompass 360 is the Setting Sync Tool.
First, let us touch base Encompass 360 Setting Sync Tool.
Encompass 360 Setting Sync Tool
It gives Administrators the ability to import Encompass settings from one system to another.
- It enables administrators to log into two systems at the same time, where they can select settings on one system and copy them to the second system.
- This tool is available with Encompass Banker Edition only.
- This tool is mostly used to copy settings from the production environment to the test environment to prepare for testing and then back to the production environment after changes are made.
- It is designed to support the effort to keep the multiple environments in sync.
- Settings such as Company/User Setup, Loan Setup, and Business Rules can be synced by this tool. The Settings Sync Tool is intended for syncing certain, targeted settings only.
- The major advantage of the tool is to configure and test the settings in the test environment and then use the tool to sync the settings from the test environment to the production environment.
For example, the tool is helpful for testing new business rules or updating, and then testing, an existing business rule. To test an existing business rule, copy the business rule to your test environment, make changes to the rule, and then test how the rule is applied. When satisfied, copy the updated rule back to your production environment.
How to open Encompass 360 Setting Sync Tool
We will be discussing about the simplest way to open the Encompass 360 Setting Sync tool with real time images.
- On your Windows task bar, click the Start menu or Start icon, navigate to the Ellie Mae Encompass program folder, and then click Admin Tools.
- Double-click Settings Sync Tool.
- On the Encompass Settings Sync Tool Log In window, enter the following login information for your production environment.
- User ID – admin
- Password – [created during installation]
- Connection – Networked
- Server – [The name of your Encompass server]
- Enter the login information for your test environment.
- Click Log In.
How to copy settings from one system to another system
- From the Settings drop-down menu, select an option.
- To copy settings from the production environment on the left panel to the test environment on the right panel, click the right arrow.
- Click a tab at the top of the screen to view the setting, and then change the setting as needed on the right panel.
- Repeat step 3 to view and change additional settings.
- After testing the settings in the test environment, click the left arrow to copy the settings from the test environment back to the production environment.
Do’s and Don’ts of Encompass 360 Setting Sync Tool
- Ensure that the data on your servers are relatively in sync before performing a settings sync.
- Ensure that both environments are running the same version of Encompass.
- Do not use the Settings Sync Tool to clone your database or perform any major system migration.
- Do not try to sync any setting that may be associated with your organization’s hierarchy.
- Do not try to sync an organization chart, as some organizations may lose their parent organizations.
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.