In this article, we will be discussing about the Encompass 360 Input Form Builder and how to create input forms as per your company’s business and process requirements.
Encompass 360 Input Form Builder
The Encompass 360 Input Form Builder allows you to design and create new input forms or copy and modify standard Encompass forms. We can create:
- Create forms to meet your company’s specific requirements
- Build forms using more than 25 different controls, including text boxes, dropdown lists, images, and field locks.
- Publish plugins and custom data objects for use with Encompass to your company’s Encompass server.
Logging in to the Input Form Builder
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Ellie Mae Encompass, and then click Input Form Builder.
- On the Login window, enter the following:
- Login Name: [your assigned User ID]
- Password: [your assigned password]
- Select Offline or Networked.
NOTE: If your computer is set up for use only in Networked mode, you cannot select Local mode.
- If you are logging in to the Networked mode, type the name of the Encompass server provided by your system administrator for development work.
- Click Log In. The Input Form Builder opens.
Creating a Form
How to start a new custom form and how to save it to your Encompass system.
To Start a New Form Using a Template:
Standard Encompass forms (such as a Borrower Summary) can be used as a starting point to decrease the amount of time needed to add controls to your custom form. When using these form templates, the fields are included, but not the logic that controls how the form works within Encompass.
- After logging in to the Form Builder, click the Open Form button.
- Select the Standard Input Forms tab.
- Select a template, and then click Open.
To Open an Existing Custom Form:
- After logging in to the Form Builder, click the Open Form button. Or, on the File menu, click Open from Encompass.
- Click the Custom Input Forms tab select a form, and then click Open.
Saving a Form
As you build a form, you can easily view and test it in Encompass. When you save your custom form, it is automatically available in the same Encompass system you logged in to.
- On the File menu, click Save to Encompass.
- On the Save Encompass Form window, type a Form Name, and then click Save.
- Log in to Encompass in the same way that you logged in to the Form Builder (using the same User ID, Password, and Server).
- Open a loan. click the Forms tab, and then select your custom form. To Save a Form to the File Source:
• On the File menu, click Save Form. Or click. The form is saved to the source location from which it was opened.
Formatting a Form
The alignment options allow you to easily align any selected group of controls. To Align Controls on a Form:
- Select three labels by pressing the Ctrl key and then clicking each label.
- Right-click one of the labels, point to Align, and then click Lefts on the shortcut menu.
You can resize individual controls or select multiple controls to make them the same size. To Resize a Control:
- Click a control and use the mouse to drag it to the desired width and height.
- Position the mouse near the edge of the control until the double-sided arrow appears,
- Then drag the mouse. Or expand the Size property and type a number in the Width and Height properties.
To Make Multiple Controls the Same Size:
- Click a control and resize it to the desired width and height.
- Select the controls to be changed to this same size by pressing the Ctrl key and then clicking each control. Click the control you resized in step 1 last. NOTE: When resizing multiple controls, they are all aligned to the size of the last control selected.
- Right-click one of the controls, point to Make Same Size, and then click Width on the shortcut menu.
|To learn about the custom fields, please refer “Encompass 360 Custom Fields“.|
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.