We covered the basics of Einstein lead scoring in Einstein lead Scoring in Salesforce Sales Cloud – Mortgage Banking Technology | Origination Strategy Consulting (takefiveconsulting.com). In this article we will discuss how to Set up Einstein lead scoring in Salesforce Sales Cloud.
- Go to Setup. In the Quick Find box, enter Einstein Lead Scoring, and select Einstein Lead Scoring under Einstein Sales.
- Turn on Einstein Lead Scoring
- Choose between default or custom settings.
- Default settings involve Einstein analyzing converted leads, scoring them collectively, and considering all lead fields.
- If you pick default settings, you can directly click “Score Leads” without further steps.
- When choosing custom settings, select the appropriate lead conversion milestone (accounts and contacts or opportunity creation) that aligns with your sales team’s practices on the Conversion Milestone page. Then, click “Save & Next.”
- On the Lead Segments page, decide if you want Einstein to score all leads collectively or specific segments based on criteria you define. If you choose to score segments separately, click “Segments of Leads”; otherwise, click “Save & Next.”
- Scoring segments separately is beneficial when you have leads with distinct conversion patterns. For example, domestic and international leads may differ significantly. By categorizing them using criteria like the Country field, Einstein can provide more accurate scores tailored to these patterns. Customize your segments based on your business needs.
- To have Einstein score lead segments separately, click “Add Segment” and name it (up to 80 characters). Choose to include records meeting all or any conditions. Add filter criteria by clicking “Add Condition,” specifying the field, operator, type, and value. You can set up to 100 field filters per segment. Repeat for up to 35 segments.
- Priority order matters if a lead falls into multiple segments; it’s scored based on the highest priority one. After adding segments, click “Save & Next.”
- On the Included Fields page, decide if Einstein should use all lead fields or select specific ones for predictive modeling. Excluding irrelevant fields improves accuracy. Ensure excluded fields don’t affect conversion chances. If unsure, include them and check the Einstein Lead Scoring dashboard for insights.
- For “All Leads (Default)” segment, Einstein auto-includes new fields. For custom segments, manually add new fields in Setup. When removing an included field, exclude it from all segments, wait for Einstein to update scores, and then delete it.
- On the Review Settings page, confirm your choices. If you want, you can edit them.
- When you’re done, click Score Leads.
Einstein Lead Scoring introduces a Lead Score field to leads, aiding loan officersin prioritizing their efforts by ranking leads based on their resemblance to previously converted ones. Higher scores indicate greater similarity to past conversions.
The Lead Score is displayed in the Einstein Score component on lead detail pages, offering insights into the lead’s most influential fields . It highlights both positive and negative influences, even though unlisted fields still contribute to the score, albeit to a lesser extent.
To learn about considerations to set up Einstein lead scoring, Considerations for Setting Up Einstein Lead Scoring (salesforce.com)
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.