Einstein Activity Capture is a productivity-boosting tool that helps keep data between Salesforce and email and calendar applications up to date. This feature focuses on three types of data—emails, events, and contacts.
- Emails that EAC users send and receive are captured and automatically added to the activity timeline of related account, contact, lead, opportunity, contract, and quote records.
- They aren’t Salesforce records and hence not available in standard reports and other Salesforce platform capabilities.
- Events are synced between Salesforce and users’ connected Microsoft or Google accounts.
- Synced events can be related to Salesforce contact and lead records.
- Synced events are salesforce records and hence available in standard reporting and Salesforce Platform capabilities.
- Events appear on the My Events calendar in Salesforce.
- Contacts are synced between Salesforce and users’ connected Microsoft or Google accounts.
- When contacts move from the connected account to Salesforce, they become Salesforce records and are available in standard reporting and Salesforce platform capabilities.
You can read more about Einstein Activity Capture considerations and the basics by clicking here Einstein Activity Capture (salesforce.com)
Einstein Activity Capture configurations define how data flows between Salesforce and the connected accounts. By default, everything is enabled and moving in both directions, when applicable, but you can change the default settings.
- To add users to a configuration, first assign the users to Einstein Activity Capture, by giving them access in the permission sets.
- For a two-way sync, Go to Setup-Permission Sets-Standard Einstein Activity Capture-Manage Assignments-Add Assignments-Select Users to assign and click on Assign.
- Now go to Setup- Einstein Activity Capture-Add new configuration-Give the configuration a name and description.
- Review the email, events, and contact settings, and select accordingly. If you are syncing contacts, make sure that you export your contacts on a regular basis.
Any time, you can edit an added configuration by clicking on the ‘Edit’ button.
- When we sync events, fields from your Salesforce events are mapped to fields in the connected Microsoft or Google account.
- When editing a configuration, admins can customize field mappings from the Field Mappings tab. But they can’t customize mappings for standard fields that are used to match events during the sync process. For example, events are synced based on the date, and start and end time, so those field mappings can’t be changed. Custom Salesforce fields aren’t used in mappings.
In the advanced settings, users can modify the sync settings of events, contacts and emails.
When we add email addresses to the Excluded Addresses list, emails and events with those people aren’t added to the activity timeline of related Salesforce records. Events aren’t added to the Salesforce calendar. And events aren’t synced between Salesforce and the connected accounts.
Looking for more information, leave us a message.
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.