Einstein Activity Capture enhances productivity by seamlessly synchronizing data between Salesforce and your email and calendar applications, ensuring that information stays current and accurate. This article explains how to set up Einstein Activity Capture in Salesforce.
- Give users access to Einstein Activity Capture through a permission set
- Go to Permission Sets from the Set up.
- Select Standard Einstein Activity Capture
- Click Manage Assignments
- Click Add Assignment and Select the Users who need access to Einstein Activity Capture.
- Click Assign.
2. Basic Settings
- From Setup, enter Einstein Activity Capture in the Quick Find box, and then select Settings. The guided setup flow guides you through the following steps.
- In the Setup Menu, type “Einstein” and look for Einstein Activity Capture and Click Settings beneath it. This will take you to a wizard which allows you to configure your Einstein Activity Capture for your Org.
- Click Get Started to begin setting up your Einstein Activity Capture.
- You will need to authorize that you are permitted to set up this integration for your Organization, check the box and click “Next.”
- Choose your appropriate Email and Calendar Provider.
3. Creating a configuration that controls what to capture and sync.
- Provide an appropriate name for the configuration
- Make sure that you leave the “Active” box checked, and click “Next.”
4. Sync Settings
- Optionally, define settings that control how emails and events are captured. For example, prevent Einstein Activity Capture from adding emails and events associated with a specific person or company. And select how new Einstein Activity Capture users share their emails and events.
- If you use only Einstein Activity Standard, turn on email insights. If you use Einstein Activity Capture through an add-on license, email insights is turned on by default.
5. User and Profile Assignments
- Next you will see a list of users that have the “Standard Einstein Activity” Permission Set.
- Select the users from the Available list and move them to Selected.
6. Excluded Addresses
- Next screen allows you to exclude certain domains. Customer domains that you would want to exclude, internal domains, or even specific email addresses. Once you have this configured the way you like, please click “Next.”
7. Default Activity Sharing
- The final step is setting a default Activity Sharing setting. Your choices are “Share with Everyone” or “Don’t Share.” Once you have made your selection click “Next.”
- Click Finish to launch Einstein Activity Capture.
To learn more about Einstein Activity Capture, click Einstein Activity Capture Basics (salesforce.com).
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.