In How to convert a Lightning Page to dynamic form – Mortgage Banking Technology | Origination Strategy Consulting (takefiveconsulting.com) we discussed about dynamic forms. In this article, let us see how to customize record page and add visibility rules to fields or section components.
Even though you have chosen a page layout which is most suited to you, still there may be some low priority fields which you do not want to be displayed when the page loads. You can move those fields under another tab whose content is visible only when clicking on the tab.
How to add tabs on the record page?
- Click the Details tab.
- In the Properties pane click Add tab.
- A new tab will appear.
- From the tab label list, Select Custom.
- Type the desired Label.
- Click Done.
- You can even drag the tabs one above the other to change the order of their appearance.
To customize, you can move any field section to the newly added tab. Here the Additional information section and Description Information in the Details tab is moved to More Details tab. This can be done by simply clicking on and drag the section to the new tab.
Add Visibility Rules to Fields and Field Sections
Lightning record pages can be made more dynamic by setting visibility filters to field/set of fields. You can set the filter to allow only persons with certain profiles or permissions shall view the field. Or the field can be made visible only when a certain other field is filled out to a specific value.
To add visibility rules to a field,
- Select the desired field from the tab
- Click Add filter from the properties pane
- Create a filter
- Click Done. (You can add additional filters if needed)
- Under Show Component, choose the required choice of filter logic.
- Save the page.
- You may notice an eyeball icon on the field on which filter is applied which indicates that the visibility rules are applied.
- To know how the dynamic page looks like to users, we need to activate it.
- Choose Org default.
Make the page available for both desktop and phone.
See the Customized Page and Applied Visibility rules in Action
- Now go to the object record page to see the changes made.
- Refresh the page and have a close look at the changes.
- The tabs are more organised and the fields less relevant in the Details tab are distributed to the More Details tab.
- To see the visibility rule in action, change the status of the field which is added in the filter section. In this example the Delivery/Installation Status field is set to In progress to meet the filter criteria to make the Tracking Number field visible.
We can see the Tracking Number field displayed in the More Details tab.
Visibility rules can also control whether components appear on a page based on the viewing user’s profile, their permissions, or the form factor (device) they view the page on.
To read more about dynamic forms, click Break Up Your Record Details with Dynamic Forms (salesforce.com).
For assistance in building in Dynamic forms, Contact Us Now
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.