Document training is the process of associating an eFolder file attachment with an eFolder document. After a file has been trained, future copies of the file attachment will be automatically assigned to the document when imported into the eFolder. Therefore document training within Encompass will save time by automating the file assignment process within Encompass.
The following settings will support document training within Encompass:
- Options in the Personas setting enable personas to submit suggestions for document training.
- A Training button on the eFolder File Manager enables user to suggest documents for training.
- Document Training settings within Encompass admin where training suggestions can be reviewed and approved. Approvers can also use this settling to submit their own suggestions for document training.
Suggesting files for Document Training:
A Train button is available in eFolder File Manager to enable users to suggest a file for training. The suggestion is reviewed by an Encompass user who has been given the right to approve suggestions.
To Recommend Automatic Assignment for a File:
- In the Encompass eFolder, click the File Manager
- Drag a file from the Unassigned section to the Documents section, and then drop it on the document to which you want it assigned.
- In the Documents section, select the document, and then click the Train button.
- On the Suggest Attachments For Training window, select the check box for the file or files that you want to automatically assign to the document.
- Click OK, and then click OK again when the confirmation message.
Approving/rejecting the suggestions for Document Training:
Document Training setting tool can be used to approve or reject eFolder file attachments that will be automatically assigned to selected eFolder documents. Suggestions are submitted from the eFolder File Manager by Encompass users. The suggestions display in the Document Training setting, where an Encompass administrator with the Super Administrator persona can approve or reject suggestions. Administrators or other Encompass users with access to the Document Training setting can also use the setting to submit their own suggestions.
- When a suggestion is rejected, the file is added to the Unassigned section of the eFolder File Manager.
- Approvers can delete the records for suggestions that are no longer needed.
- NOTE: Only a user with the super administrator persona has permission to approve or reject suggestions.
- To open the Suggest Training window and add a suggestion, click the Suggest button in the Templates.
- Or, select a document in the Documents section, and then click the Suggest
- If you selected a document before clicking the Suggest button, the Document Class field will already be populated with the document you selected.
- In the Source section, select Browse to File, and then click the Folder icon to select a file from the local drive.
- Or, click Templates, select a template from the list, view the selected template file in the viewing area (the template text displays in the Text box), and then click OK when finished.
- The suggestion displays in bold font in the Templates section on the Document Training setting with a status of Suggested.
Looking for more information on Document Training within Encompass or need help with setting up Document Training, leave us a message.