Document Checklist is a capability offered by Salesforce to encourage customers to provide required documents, create document checklist items to help manage file uploads and approvals.
We can create document checklist items for any of the following records in the Professional, Enterprise and Unlimited editions with financial cloud.
- Business License Application
- Business Milestone
- Financial Deal
- Individual Application
- Insurance Policy Coverage
- Insurance Policy
- Person Life Event
- Public Complaint
- Preliminary Application Ref.
- Regulatory Code Violation
- Residential Loan Application
- Violation Enforcement Action
It involves two steps.
- Enable Document Tracking and Approvals
- Work with Document Tracking and Approvals
Enable Document Tracking and Approvals
Follow the steps to set up document tracking in your Financial Services Cloud organization.
- Assign the Document Checklist Permission Set
- Go to Setup-enter Permission Sets in the Quick Find box-Select Permission Sets.Click Document ChecklistClick Manage Assignments, then click Add Assignments.
- Select the users who need access to document checklist items, click Assign, and click Done.
- Update the object Page Layouts.
- Go to Setup-object manager
- Select the object.
- Click Page Layouts-Select the layout that your document checklist items users see.
- Select Related Lists on the palette.
- Drag Document Checklist Items from the palette to the Related Lists section.
Select the fields to display on the related list from the Related list properties.
- Set Up Document Types- We can optionally define common required document types to associate a new document checklist. You can also use document types for filtering in reporting.
- Go to Setup- Enter Document Type in the Quick Find box- Select Document Type.
- Click New Document Type.
- Enter a label and an API name.
- Click Save
- Allow Borrowers Access to Document Checklist Items in Communities
- Create Community User Profile
- Go to Setup-Enter Profiles in the Quick Find box-Select Profiles.
- Click Clone next to the Customer Community Login user.
- Enter a name for the cloned profile and save.
- Click Edit
- Enable read access for Document Checklist Items and click Save.
- Assign Profile to a Community
- Assign a customer community plus user profile with read access to document checklist item to the community where your customers upload associated files. Ensure that communities are enabled and you have at least one community created for your org.
- Got to Setup- Enter Communities- select All Communities.
- Click Workspaces next to the community you want to assign a user profile to.
- Click Administration tile.
- Click Members.
- Under Select Profiles, select Customer in the search drop-down list.
- Enter the name of the customer community plus user profile with document checklist item access that we created earlier and click Find.
- Under Available Profiles, select the profile you created with document checklist item read access, click Add, and save.
- Assign the profile you added to Selected Profiles to community users who need access to document checklist items.
- Create Community User Profile
- Update User Profiles- On the user Profiles page, edit the profile you want to add document checklist item access to by selecting the necessary permissions.
- Create and Assign User Profiles
- Create and assign profiles with access to document checklist items to your users.
- Got to Setup- select User | User.
- Click Edit next to the user that you want to assign the new profile to.
- Select the new profile from the Profile drop-down list and click Save.
- Create an Approval process
To learn about approval process, follow the links below
We will cover how to Create document checklist items for commonly required documents in another article.
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.