The organization hierarchy setup in Encompass allows an Encompass admin to define relationships between Encompass 360 users within the company, ensuring seamless access control to loan files. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into the intricacies of setting up the hierarchy, understanding access rules, and exploring considerations for a tailored configuration.
Organization Hierarchy in Encompass 360:
- Purpose of Hierarchy:
- The organization hierarchy acts as a map, defining relationships among Encompass users through folders representing organizations, departments, or job roles.
- Unlike an organizational chart, its primary function is to dictate default access to loan files rather than showcasing organizational structure.
- Access Control:
- Default access rules play a pivotal role in governing a user’s ability to view, edit, run reports, and display loan file data on the dashboard.
- Users inherently have access to their own loan files and those assigned to users below them in the same hierarchy branch.
Access to Loan Files:
- Default Rules:
- Users have perpetual access to their own loan files.
- Access extends to loans assigned to users below them in the same hierarchy branch.
- Exceptions to this rule include loans assigned to users in the same organization folder, in different branches, or positioned above in the hierarchy.
- Users with an Admin persona enjoy broader access within the same folder.
- Individual user settings can override default access rules for specific rights, providing a granular control mechanism.
- The loan access rules for the sample hierarchy shown above is explained as follows:
- Org A:
- Users can delve into loans below Org A but are restricted from accessing files within the Org A folder.
- Org B:
- Access expands to loans in folders below (Org C and Org D), showcasing the hierarchical flow of file accessibility.
- Org E:
- Users, situated in Org E without lower-level folders, cannot access loans assigned to other users, highlighting the impact of hierarchy structure on access rights.
- Address Information:
- Organizations can choose to use their unique address or adopt the parent’s address on the 1003 application’s page 3, offering flexibility in presenting contact details.
- Organization Code:
- Each organization holds the capability to have its distinctive code for Auto Loan Numbering, a factor influencing the loan number’s prefix and aiding in seamless organization identification.
- Public Borrower Contacts:
- The organization hierarchy serves as the gatekeeper for public borrower contacts, aligning access rules with loans.
- Contacts are accessible solely by the contact owner and users positioned above them in the same hierarchy branch, ensuring a structured and secure data sharing approach.
Looking for more information on organization hierarchy setup in Encompass 360 or need help with implementing any technology solution within Encompass, leave us a message.