Automated Service Ordering is a powerful feature in Encompass which can enhance efficiency and simplify the lending process for mortgage lender or broker. For users with both Encompass and Encompass LO Connect enabled, if the settings are configured in Encompass LO Connect, automated Fannie Mae DU and Freddie Mac LPA orders can be placed from the Encompass instance. In this article, we’ll explore how to set up the right configuration in Encompass LO Connect for automated service ordering.
Adding New Automated Service Order Credentials
Credentials for automated ordering must be configured in Encompass LO Connect before the orders can be placed.
This configuration applies to automated orders only. Manual orders utilize the credentials configured in Encompass.
- From the Encompass Admin Portal, click Company/User Setup.
- Click Services
- Click to expand the Underwriting
- Click Credentials.
- Click the Add
- On the Select Provider window, select the AUS provider from the Provider field drop-down list, and click Next.
- On the Credentials page, click the Add
- On the Add User Credentials page, update information in the fields, such as name of the service, username and password, and click the Save
Adding Automated Service Order Setup in Encompass LO Connect
Authorized users such as LO Connect administrators can follow the instructions below to enable Automated Service Orders for their LO Connect instance:
- In the Services Management setting> Underwriting panel, click Automated Ordering, and then click the Add
- On the Add Rule page:
- Enter information in all the mandatory fields, such as rule
- In the Conditions field, define the global condition on which the service orders will take effect (condition must be satisfied first before any of the service orders associated to the automated rule is executed).
This condition is more of a query – where the system reviews the saved loan to determine if the state of that loan when saved matches the query parameters configured here. Only if that loan matches the query condition – the services orders are executed.
- To ensure that the syntax doesn’t result in an error, click Validate to check your automated ordering
- A message displays on a successful or failed If the validation fails, the error message indicates where the error occurred (example below).
- In the Service Orders panel:
- Click any of the Add
- In the Add New Automated Setup window, Provider drop-down list, select the AUS provider for which you are setting up automated ordering and click the Create
- In the Add Order Options page:
- Enter a Service Setup Name and Service Setup
- Use the Automated Readiness Conditions section to add secondary logic for a specific provider that is outside of the rule logic, or define different scenarios/conditions based on which a specific service order is
One automated rule can have one or more associated Service Orders. The Automated Readiness Condition is any additional condition which applies to just that Service Order.
To ensure that the syntax doesn’t result in an error, click the Validate button to check your automated readiness conditions.
A message displays on a successful or failed validation. If the validation fails, the error message indicates where the error occurred (example below).
- In the Additional Required Fields section:
- Enter Encompass field IDs that are required before
- To add additional fields, click +Add Another.
- Click Save.
Looking for more information on Automated Service Ordering in Encompass or need help with implementing any technology solution within Encompass, leave us a message.