In this article we will discuss the various steps involved to setup Account Engagement in Salesforce.
- Assign access of Pardot Connected App
- Go to Setup-Type Connected Apps in the Quick find box-Click Manage Connected Apps-Click Edit near to b2bma_canvas.
- Make sure Admin approved users are pre-authorized is selected for Permitted users box- Click Save.
2. Apply the Pardot Connector user permission (Sales, Service or CRM user license)
- Got to Setup-Type Permission sets in the Quickfind box-Select any of Sales, Service or CRM user any permission sets-Click on Manage Assignments
Make sure the user has this permission set.
3. Enable Account Engagement Lightning app
- Go to Marketing Setup
Select Setup Assistant
Enable Account Engagement Lightning App.
4. App permission of Account Engagement Lightning App
- Go to Setup- Type App Manager in the Quick find box-Click on the drop down arrow near to Account Engagement- Click Edit
This will open the Lightning App builder. Select User Profiles. Make sure System Administrator profile is there in the Selected profiles.
5. Assign Business Unit Admin
- Go to Setup- Type Account Engagement in the Quick find box- Select Business Unit Setup.
Type in the Name of your business unit. Assign the Setup Admin to any user with the system administrator profile. That means this user will be responsible for configuring and managing this business unit and its users. The user will receive an email as soon as the provisioning is done.
You can add any number of business unit based on your business requirements. For eg. Separate business units can be setup to manage leads from different geographic locations.
6. Resume the sync of Connector
- Go to Account Engagement settings from the App launcher-Click Connectors- Click the gear icon under Actions belong to the row Salesforce.com. If it is Resume sync instead of Pause sync, then Click to resume syncing between Salesforce and Account Engagement.
The users may need additional permission sets and permission set licenses based on the account engagement connector version. To learn more about the permissions, click Permissions for B2B Marketing Analytics (salesforce.com).
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.