In the precious article Account Engagement Lightning App-Part 1 – Mortgage Banking Technology | Origination Strategy Consulting (takefiveconsulting.com), we discussed about some of the default tabs available on the top navigation bar in Account Engagement (Pardot). The rest of the tabs and their functionalities are explained here in Account Engagement Lightning App Part 2.
- Content tab: This is the tab where you can create and manage other content in Pardot, like forms, landing pages, and custom redirects. You can also organize and categorize your content here by using folders and tags. Search and social performance can also be found here.
Forms, Form handlers and Landing pages
Prospects are created in Account Engagement in several ways. The most common path is that a visitor submits a form that contains their email address. It too can happen in three ways.
- An Account engagement form you embed on your web page.
- A form on your site that you connect to an Account engagement form handler.
- A form you host on a landing page.
Forms are used to collect visitor information from your website or landing page. They help you turn anonymous visitors into identified prospects. After conversion, forms can be used to gather information on the preferences and needs of a prospect and hence helps to deliver personalized experiences.
With form handlers, you can keep all of your existing forms and still send the data to Account Engagement. If you have an extensive form infrastructure already in place and need total control of your form’s design, or just want to pass data back to Account engagement from specific fields in pre-existing forms, you can use form handlers to collect the information you need.
A landing page is a specific web page that a visitor typically reaches after clicking a link or advertisement. The content of the landing page will be specific to the ad/link clicked. It is a streamlined path designed to elicit a specific action by the visitor prospect, whether it’s giving their email address and converting to a prospect or registering for an upcoming event. Landing page builder helps you build your landing pages without needing a web developer.
Custom redirects allow to track any link on your website or a link on a social media page, an ad on a third party site, etc. Every click will be recorded as an activity in the prospect record page. Completion actions can also be added to custom redirects to automate actions upon the clicks. You can also view a list of all prospects who clicked on a particular link.
- Account Engagement Reports tab: gives you access to all the reports, including campaigns, conversion rates, any apps you’ve connected, the prospect lifecycle funnel, and your marketing assets’ performance. Use this tab to monitor the progress and health of your Pardot account.
- Reports tab: where you will find all the Salesforce reports created by you, by others, and any public or private reports.
- Account Engagement Settings tab : This is the place to control the field settings, create and sync custom objects and fields with salesforce. For eg, in the Object and field configuration section, we can create custom fields in Prospects (which is the Account Engagement counterpart of Lead object in Salesforce) to match with a custom field in Lead object. The sync behavior can be opted as per our choice. If Account Engagement and Salesforce values differ when a data sync occur, we can choose Salesforce value, Account Engagement value or use the most recently updated record. In this tab, we can also set up email authentication protocols, import users and maintain your account security.
To know more click here Marketing Cloud Account Engagement – Salesforce.com
Take Five Consulting is a technology company, based in Virginia U.S., that specializes in the Mortgage Banking vertical especially LOS implementation and application development. Take Five Consulting creates and implement mortgage technology and software specifically for Mortgage Industry.